Tabs

I've always enjoyed sketching, doodling, designing, and sometimes even painting.  Most of my artwork is just a pastime, although every once in a while, I've gotten the opportunity to create more professional artwork for publication and other purposes.  I am a graphics editor on The Roosevelt News, our school newspaper.  I work primarily with pencil, charcoal, watercolor, acrylic, and in the past few years, digital and 3-D painting.  Enjoy!

For the December issue of my school newspaper, I drew a cartoon map of the internet- websites depicted as places.  This has been done before, so this is my own take on it. Enjoy!

[edit] thanks to my friend, this picture made the front page of r/pics on reddit!
Dr. Kozhanov, my research mentor for my internship this summer, asked me to create a header for his website, http://www.phy-astr.gsu.edu/kozhanov/.  The image is an abstraction of spin waves, and rendered in Blender 3D.  Read more for production and rendering process!

My friend is writing a children's counting book for her senior project, so i agreed to do the illustrations for it! Watercolor on paper. It involves large amounts of [cute] animals! More updates to follow, in the meantime, enjoy!

3D Character

After learning about character modeling in Blender, I decided to put my skills to work, and started this project, which took a while.  The boy, including clothes and hair, is composed of less than 1500 triangles, and has one 512x512px texture. Modelled in Blender, texture drawn in Photoshop. Read more for the whole production process!




Painting of Downtown Seattle

Commissioned by my Uncle, this is a painting of downtown Seattle at Night (As seen from the space needle). 2011, acrylic on canvas.



Sketching and Drawing

Some of my sketches: realistic, cartoony, shaded and not, you can find them here!  Mostly in pencil.

No comments:

Post a Comment