Tabs

The Y Gantry!

Finally finished the Y gantry linear bearing system! The assembly slides freely on the Y-axis, with minimal jitters and shaking.

Bearings

After doing some research, I found that a V shaped bearing system works much better than just the horizontal and vertical bearings I used on the X axis.  So, for the Y axis, I used aluminum L-bar for both the track and the bearing mount, with quite satisfying results.







Right-  A Finished bearing mount.
Bottom-  The mounts in place on the rails.


Mounting The Gantry

With the bearings mounted onto L brackets, I simply attached them to a flat piece of wood, which will later hold the Z-axis.  The bearings are tightened by a series of screws holding them in place.  To prevent jitter, I drilled another hole for a screw, but instead, my drill bit got stuck in the hole, and holds the two pieces together quite well!



No comments:

Post a Comment